Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:48:28 +0000
Union College, a highly selective liberal arts institution located in Schenectady, New York is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach. This position is full time hourly – benefits eligible. The College is committed to excellence in academics and athletics, diversity and a well-balanced, broad based intercollegiate athletics program dedicated to the concept of the student-athlete. Union is an NCAA multi-classified institution that sponsors 26 intercollegiate sports. The men’s and women’s swimming program is a member of NCAA Division III and the Liberty League. Union College sponsors 26 intercollegiate sports, 24 in Division III, with Ice Hockey competing at Division I.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting with recruiting; monitoring the academic progress of swimming student-athletes; assisting with practice planning, communicating effectively with student-athletes, parents, alumni, and administration; and performing various duties within the Athletics Department.
Bachelor’s degree required; previous collegiate coaching or swimming experience preferred. The successful candidate should possess solid organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills, and have the ability to identify and attract outstanding student-athletes to Union College. Candidates must have an understanding of NCAA rules and regulations, along with a philosophy compatible with a multi-classified liberal arts college with highly selective academic standards. Candidate must be safety conscious and able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Only online applications will be accepted. Please find the ad for this position at http://jobs.union.edu, and follow the submission instructions.
Union College is an equal opportunity employer and strongly committed to student and workforce diversity.
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:46:55 +0000
Buffalo State invites applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. This is a 12-month, full-time position with excellent benefits that reports directly to the Director of Athletics.
Directly responsible for all aspects of men’s & women’s swimming & diving program, including: recruitment of quality student-athletes; practice and meet preparation; scheduling and budget management; hiring and supervising assistant coaching staff; adherence to all NCAA DIII, SUNYAC and institutional policies. Also responsible for managing all aspects of Kissinger Pool and meeting annual revenue goals.
Bachelor’s degree; established record of successful coaching experience at the college level; proven ability to recruit quality student-athletes at the college level; excellent communication skills, strong computer skills; a commitment to the values of NCAA Division III athletics; strong organizational and leadership skills; CPR, AED and Lifeguarding certification.
Master’s degree; Certified Pool Operator (CPO).
Salary – Competitive
Anticipated Date of Hire – August 1, 2018
Apply Online at: https://jobs.buffalostate.edu
Review of application will begin as they arrive and continue until the position is filled.
Buffalo State College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to diversity.
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:45:00 +0000
About Sacred Heart University:
Sacred Heart University, the second-largest independent Catholic university in New England, offers more than 70 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on its main campus in Fairfield, Conn., and satellites in Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland. More than 8,500 students attend the University's five colleges: Arts & Sciences; Health Professions; Nursing; the Jack Welch College of Business; and the Isabelle Farrington College of Education. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its guides, Best 382 Colleges-2018 Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best 267 Business Schools-2018 Edition. It also placed SHU on its lists for "Best College Theater" and "Most Engaged in Community Service," each of which comprises only 20 U.S. schools. U.S.News & World Report ranks SHU in its Best Colleges 2018 guidebook and calls SHU the fourth "Most Innovative School" in the North. The Chronicle of Higher Education also names SHU one of the fastest-growing Roman Catholic universities in its 2016 almanac. Sacred Heart has a Division 1 athletics program, an elite performing arts program and an award-winning program of community service. www.sacredheart.edu
For additional Sacred Heart University news, please visit http://www.sacredheart.edu/aboutshu/news/.
Reporting to the Head Women's Swimming & Diving Coach, the diving coach directs operations for the Women's Swimming and Diving team.
- Assist in recruitment and selection of prospective student-athletes in accordance with clearly documented roster goals and in compliance with the standards and principles of the operating codes of the NCAA and Sacred Heart University.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of Athletics as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA including the successful annual completion and passing of the NCAA recruiting test.
- Adhere to the goals and objectives of the Swimming and Diving team consistent with the mission of the Department and the University.
- Schedule and conduct regular practices in and out of season within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA and develop appropriate strategies to motivate and encourage student-athletes to comply with the Code of Ethical Conduct (Bylaw 10.1-10.4).
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the University as published in the Athletics Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Attend all Swimming and Diving competitions set forth on the calendar by the Head Swimming and Diving Coach.
- Attend and assist in January Training trip.
- Oversee training and care of student-athlete team members, including full cooperation of medical advice of the Department of Athletics Training staff.
- Assist in all Fundraising activities set forth by the Head Swimming & Diving Coach.
- Promote the educational values of intercollegiate athletics consistent with the educational values of the University as outlined in the University and Department of Athletics Mission Statements.
- Support and cooperate in the implementation of required marketing strategies as directed.
- Develop specific communications strategies to assure the success of the program; i.e; professionally drafted recruiting letters, use of available collateral materials in support of recruiting efforts, presentations, campus visit itineraries, etc.
- Must be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous successful Diving coaching at the college, High School or Club level, previous Diving experience at the college, high school or club level, experience in recruiting.
- Impeccable integrity with a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be a positive motivator, have demonstrated leadership and organizational abilities and be able to clearly articulate a coherent plan and vision to build and enhance the University's NCAA Division I program.
This is a part-time, non-benefits eligible position.
Please address all questions regarding this position to John Spadafina, Head Coach, Women's Swimming & Diving Coach.
Please apply online and thank you for your interest.
All formal offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background and drug screening.
Please apply online, faxes and emails will not be accepted. A cover letter is appreciated.
Sacred Heart University, rooted in the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and the Liberal Arts, embraces a vision for social justice, educates students in mind, body, and spirit to prepare them personally and professionally to make a difference in the global community. Sacred Heart University aspires to achieve prominence through innovative teaching and learning while cultivating a campus community that is recognized as caring and creative.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sacred Heart University encourages qualified members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 01:26:58 +0000
Requisition Number: STA002015
Department: 3900310201-Extramural Physical Activities
Position Status: Full-Time
Extramural Physical Activities. The Assistant Athletics Coach assists the Head Women's Swimming and Diving Coach with specific duties associated with the administration of a women's swimming and diving program.
• Designs and implements a training plan for a Division 1 diving program.
• Assists with the overall management of the swimming and diving program to include but not limited to event planning such as clinics, home competitions and travel arrangements.
• Recruits and reviews prospective student-athletes.
• Assists in fundraising, equipment/uniform orders and inventory, social media, scheduling, budgets and alumni events.
• Follows all federal, divisional, and University athletics regulations, to include rules and regulations established by the Sun Belt Conference and the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA ).
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco Free Campus.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
Two or more years of collegiate coaching and/or playing experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree
Preferred Experience: Experience competing at or coaching collegiate or club diving; experience using video and other technology for training purposes.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Job Open Date: 06/13/2018
Job Closing Date: 7/4/2018
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1239957
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 01:15:58 +0000
Campus: North Manchester
Position overview: Reports to the Head Coach and is responsible for instructing and assisting with all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program.
Essential job functions:
- Teach, demonstrate and develop Swimming & Diving theories and skills in student athletes
- Teach physical health and safety to student athletes
- Teach team-concepts and team-play to student athletes
- Lead and direct the Swimming & Diving academic studies program
- Design customized work-out and practice instructions for individual student athletes
- Represent the Department of Athletics in an appropriate and professional manner at all times.
- Teach and follow the rules for Swimming & Diving of the NCAA, HCAC, and Manchester University
- Successfully complete the NCAA Division III Rules Test online.
- Teach and assure appropriate safety precautions and practices during team practices, games and travel.
- Coach practices and competitions.
- Evaluate and counsel individual athletes
- Recruit prospective student-athletes (some travel required).
- Maintain satisfactory retention rate for the swimming and diving program
- Maintain appropriate office hours, files, and paperwork.
- Drive campus fleet vehicles to away competitions. (On-site training provided)
- Attend athletic and campus-wide staff meetings.
- Coordinate team service projects
- Coordinate team fundraising efforts
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Swimming & Diving; previous coaching preferred
- Certification in CPR w/AED & First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license required
General information: Manchester University is an independent, liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind., where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of undergraduate study, two master's programs and 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to the Manchester University College of Pharmacy, where graduates are awarded the Pharm.D. Doctoral degree.
Manchester has a distinctive commitment to developing respect for ethnic, cultural and religious pluralism and an international consciousness. Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning, faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community.
Work schedule: This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. This is a twelve (12) month position. Workday schedule varies; evenings, weekends and travel will be required. Hours will be determined with current coaching staff upon hire. Includes weekend evening work.
What we offer: We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to serve in a dynamic educational environment.
Salary range: $21,000
To apply: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and upload a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application. Questions can be emailed to Jenny Steele, employment coordinator.
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.
Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:17:50 +0000
Sweet Briar Collegeis a liberal arts college for women of consequence, located in the foothills of Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains approximately 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 54 miles south of Charlottesville. Founded in 1901, the College boasts a modern core curriculum focused on women’s leadership in the 21st century and undergraduate programs in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as a Master of Arts in Teaching. It is one of only two women’s colleges in the United States with an ABET-accredited engineering degree. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sweet Briar College is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.
Job Title: Head Swim Coach
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Job Summary/Objective: The Head Swim Coach works closely with the Director of Athletics in regards to the Athletics Department policies and procedures as they relate to the student athlete’s team experience at Sweet Briar College. Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the department and the Institution, as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) and any other authorities that affect the intercollegiate athletic program.
Position Type/Expected Work Hours: Full time, benefits eligible; 10 month position working August - May, varied hours, including evenings and weekends.
Deadline for Submission:Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Full Position Description and Requirements
How to Apply:If applying for a faculty or staff position, please submit a Sweet Briar College employment application,cover letter, résumé and three professional references to email@example.com.
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:43:56 +0000
This position is responsible for assisting with all phases of the Division I Women’s Swimming program at the University of Richmond. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and student-athlete skill development, recruiting, administrative tasks related to the operation of the program, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
- Support and assist the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to succeed individually and as a team within the structure of the Department of Athletics.
- Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the team system developed by the head coach.
- Demonstrate a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success.
- Assist the head coach in managing various administrative tasks related to the operation of the program such as budget management and coordination of team travel.
- Comply with NCAA, conference, and University of Richmond regulations.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable NCAA rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all applicable NCAA, conference, and institutional rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in coaching Women’s Swimming is required.
- Ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week; occasional nights & weekends
Pay Grade 3
To see more detailed salary information please review the University of Richmond's Compensation Structure.
Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. Richmond offers a unique combination of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our School of Arts & Sciences anchors Richmond as a nationally ranked liberal arts university. A ranked business school, the nation’s first school of leadership studies, a highly respected law school, a nationally recognized international education program and the community-focused School of Professional and Continuing Studies build on that strong foundation and make this university something unique.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 23:05:18 +0000
POSITION SUMMARY:The Assistant Coach for Swimming will hold a full-time, 10-month appointment in the Department of Athletics and will report to the Head Coach for Swimming & Diving. The coach will assist with coaching, organizing, administering and developing a successful intercollegiate athletics program. The coach complies with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, the University Athletic Association, Washington University, and the Department of Athletics.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes to Washington University by identifying academically qualified and athletically talented prospective student-athletes, communicating with prospects, and encouraging prospect application and matriculation. Coordinate campus recruiting visits. Instruct team members, individually and in groups, in sport-related skills and techniques, particularly in skills and events as assigned by the Head Coach. Assist in planning and implementing of all aspects of the specific sport program, including team organization and composition, player selection and evaluation, practice planning and supervision, and competition planning and strategy. Represent the University at campus, alumni, and community functions. Participate directly and/or advise the Head Coach on matters related to team discipline, player counseling, etc., requiring discretion, sound decision-making and independent judgment. Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or supervising athletic administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience coaching or participating in the specific sport
- Successful passage of Annual NCAA Division III rules test; current CPR, AED and First Aid certifications; Valid driver’s license with less than 6 points
- Ability to recruit, coach and teach talented student-athletes at a highly selective institution
- Effective communicative and public relation skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and competition planning
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff and the broader University community
- Knowledge in the operational use of computer and video technology
- The ability to develop a safe and functional working environment
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the NCAA Division III philosophy, rules, and regulations
- Ability to provide competent suggestions in relation to game/meet/event and practice analysis
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff/personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University and the local community
- Master’s degree preferred.
- College coaching experience in swimming/diving.
- Sport-specific college playing experience.
Internal Number: 40556
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their credentials through our employment website: https://jobs.wustl.edu
Brad Shively (Head Coach)
One Brookings Drive
Campus Box 1067
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899
About Washington University Athletics
Washington University competes at the Division III level of the NCAA and is a founding member of the University Athletic Association (UAA). Washington University sponsors 19 varsity sports and has won 22 national team championships, 204 UAA conference championships and finished in the top 10 of the Director's Cup for 16 consecutive years including top 5 finishes in 11 of the last 12. Washington University is a private, coeducational university with national and international status as a major teaching and research university. Undergraduate enrollment numbers approximately 7,500. Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 23:46:08 +0000
Wittenberg University is accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant (GA) for Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving. This is a part-time position. The position will report to the head coach and assist in leading all aspects of an NCAA Division III athletic program. The successful candidate will complete the duties and responsibilities outlined below during the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators. Candidates must possess the skills to evaluate prospects, maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity, demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of Wittenberg University and Division III and to compliance with NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, and assisting student-athletes progress successfully towards graduation.
Essential functions include:
· Assist head coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
· Recruitment of student-athletes.
· Graduation of student-athletes.
· Service to institution as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation or the head coach.
· Adherence to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures and expectations.
· Other duties as assigned.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree and 1 – 3 years of playing and/or coaching experience. We also require acceptance into Wittenberg’s Master’s program. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with knowledge in the following technologies: Microsoft office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media, and recruiting software (i.e. Frontrush).
A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required. Travel is required as well as some evening and weekend work.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large. Please see our notice of nondiscrimination housed on our website.
HOW TO APPLY
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
We ask candidates to set-up an account and apply through our online system via this link: http://wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=98273
As part of the application process, candidates will be asked to upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
2. Cover letter
3. Name, address, and phone number of three professional references.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg’s Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.
Fri, 08 Jun 2018 00:02:52 +0000
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites applications for a Part-Time Head Women's & Men's Swimming & Diving Coach.
Duties: The Head Women's & Men's Swimming & Diving Coach will report to the athletic director, and will be responsible for managing all facets of the women's and men's swimming and diving team in accordance with NJCAA, Region XV, and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
The head coach will be responsible for:
- Upholding all applicable NJCAA, Region XV and FIT Athletics rules and regulations.
- Recommending appointment/retention of assistant coach and team manager; providing supervision for these staff members.
- Recruiting quality student-athletes based on academic goals as well as athletic ability.
- Attending all practices and meets; providing team and individual skill development.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing practice sessions.
- Scheduling all regular season and post-season meets.
- Planning and coordinating of team travel arrangements.
- Managing team budget and keeping strict records of all expenditures and receipts.
- Reporting results and providing a synopsis of meets for promotion on website and social media.
- Reviewing equipment / apparel inventory and preparing orders after each season.
- Promoting the team by participating in various events / activities on and off campus.
- Overseeing team academic success and personal growth in team members.
- Attending required coaches meetings and completing trainings as assigned.
- Availability for weekday evening practices and weekend meets.
- Availability for attending post-season championship swim meets which include some weekdays and overnight trips.
- Some driving may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher required.
- Four years of successful head coaching experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Outstanding managerial, organizational, technological and verbal/written communication skills required.
- History of success in the areas of recruiting, player development and fostering holistic success in team members preferred.
- Valid driver's license in good standing required.
- CPR / AED and lifeguarding certification required.
Stipend Range: $10,000-$12,500 per annum (based on experience, qualifications and budgetary allowance)
Terms: FIT coaching positions consist of at-will appointments that last for one fiscal year, and do not carry any medical, annual leave, sick leave, or other fringe benefit entitlement.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your submitted application material.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application URL: https://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp;jsessionid=1A399C83F8978DB301CA44D9A0190429?JOBID=98529
Thu, 07 Jun 2018 00:27:08 +0000
The Department of Athletics at Saint John's University invites applications for the full-time(75%), benefit-eligible position of Head Swimming and Diving Coach. The Head Swimming and Diving Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is under the division of the Vice President of Student Development. The Head Swimming and Diving Coach is is responsible for conducting the Saint John's Swimming and Diving program with integrity and under the rules and mission of Saint John's University, the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and NCAA Division III. In the role of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, the hired candidate will report to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach while responsible for the development and management of individual and group strength training programs for student-athletes (including varsity, junior varsity, club, and IM), recreation users, faculty and staff.
Saint John's University Athletics has 11 varsity teams at the NCAA Division III level that consistently place among the top teams in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (MIAC). We seek to advance the mission of the University by empowering student-athletes and encouraging them toward lives marked by high academic, athletic and social achievement, personal accountability, and service while holistically developing each individual within the academic community. We aspire to be recognized as one of the finest and most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs in all of NCAA Division III athletics.
Saint John's University, a liberal arts college for men, and the College of Saint Benedict, a liberal arts college for women, are located four miles apart in Central Minnesota just outside St. Cloud and 70 miles from Minneapolis. Both are Catholic colleges in the Benedictine tradition, which emphasize quality teaching and a commitment to intercultural learning. Together, the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University offer a common undergraduate curriculum, identical degree requirements, and a single academic calendar. The colleges offer the distinct benefit of two nationally recognized Catholic, undergraduate institutions and one exceptional education. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu.
Swim & Dive Coaching Responsibilities - Primary
1. Manage a successful, results oriented program.
2. Provide a great and inclusive co-curricular experience for our student athletes that reflects positively on St. John's University.
3. Hire, manage and develop a qualified assistant coaching staff for the swimming and diving program.
4. Develop constructive and beneficial training sessions.
5. Support and mentor student athletes.
6. Annually assess the coaches, student athletes and overall program through an established formal process.
Recruiting Responsibilities - Secondary
1. Recruit qualified, diverse, talented prospective student/athletes for the swimming and diving team.
2. Initiate and respond to recruiting correspondences.
3. Personally interact with prospective swimming and diving student-athletes that visit campus.
Administrative Responsibilities - Secondary
1. Ensure the eligibility of student-athletes.
2. Commitment to learn and be knowledgeable with the institution, MIAC and NCAA DIII rules and regulations set forth by these associations.
3. Manage the swimming and diving budget including subsidizing it with fundraising.
4. Coordinate, staff and direct all home meets.
5. Schedule all practices and competitions.
6. Organize all team travel, lodging, and meals.
7. Responsible for all equipment purchasing, distribution, inventory, and repair for the swimming and diving team.
8. Collaborate with appropriate offices and media to promote and highlight the program and student athletes to alumni, recruits and fans.
9. Work with the Athletic Department Coordinator and Physical Plant to make sure the pool area is safe and properly maintained.
10. Additional administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Strength & Conditioning Coaching - Secondary
1. Create and monitor in-season and off-season strength and conditioning programs for varsity and junior varsity student athletes in designated sports
2. Meet with Head Coaches of designated sports to assess needs
3. Facilitate learning of proper lifting, spotting and safety techniques by patrons of the fitness center
4. Maintain a current understanding of team and individual conditioning specific training trends
5. Work in cooperation with the athletic trainers in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes
1. Baccalaureate degree (master's preferred).
2. Proven swimming and diving coaching experience.
3. Proven swimming and diving recruitment experience.
4. An understanding and appreciation for the character and success of the Saint John's University Athletic Department and its programs.
5. An understanding of the mission of NCAA Division III athletics.
6. Computer literacy.
7. Strong verbal and writing skills.
8. Strong organizational skills
9. Solid leadership skills.
10. The ability to work with minimal direction.
11. Self-motivated and results-oriented.
12. Discreet judgment and confidentiality are expected at this level of responsibility
13. Certified in Strength & Conditioning under the standards established by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC) or by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS)
14. CPR, First Aid, AED and Lifeguard certifications must be held or obtained in advance of the swimming and diving season.
15. Valid driver's license required. Must meet and maintain requirements of Motor Pool Regulations. Ability to drive a campus vehicle which includes the completion of defensive driving program. A driver's license check will be conducted.
Applications are accepted online at http://employment.csbsju.edu. Applicants should complete the full application and submit a cover letter and resume. Official transcript required at time of hire.
If you require special accommodations to participate in the Saint John's University hiring process, please contact us at (320) 363-2508 or email@example.com.
It is the policy of CSB and SJU to conduct pre-employment background checks. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Women, individuals of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Saint John's University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wed, 06 Jun 2018 00:03:30 +0000
Position Length: Aug. 15, 2018 through May 15, 2019
Supervisor: Scott Vanderzell - Head Coach, Canisius Swimming and Diving
Requirements: Certified in life guarding/CPR/AED; Previous college or club-level coaching experience.
On-deck coaching and assistance with practice planning. The successful candidate is expected to attend all practices, unless there is a class conflict or they are excused by the head coach.
Assist the head coach with event planning, such as clinics, home meets and road trips.
Participate in the implementation of the program’s recruiting plan.
The successful candidate will participate in, and be expected to pass, the NCAA recruiting exam in order to be permit- ted to scout prospective student-athletes off campus.
Assist with equipment and uniform orders.
The successful candidate will conduct themselves with maturity. Their actions should make it clear that they are an assistant coach, and not a student-athlete.
Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Compensation: Six (6) tuition waivers + $7,000 stipend per year
Graduate Program: Must be enrolled in a graduate program at Canisius College: (www.canisius.edu/admissions/ graduate-admissions)
How to apply: Email cover letter, resume and two letters of recommendation to Scott Vanderzell (information below). This position will remain open until filled.
Canisius Swimming and Diving Head Coach Canisius College
2001 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14208 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants will begin immediately. Canisius College is an equal opportunity employer.
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 23:58:30 +0000
The part-time assistant coach for Women's Swimming and Diving is responsible for assisting the head Women's Swimming and Diving coach in implementing and directing all phases of a competitive NCAA Division III Women's Swimming and Diving program at DePauw University. This includes recruiting quality student-athletes, organizing and planning practices and game strategies, scouting, coaching, scheduling, budgeting and planning team travel in compliance with University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III conference and University rules and regulations
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community
- Along with the head coach, implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes
- As directed by the head coach, develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition
- As directed by the head coach, schedule games, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel
- Assist with managing the Women's Swimming and Diving operating budget
- Assist with evaluating program effectiveness
- Monitor student-athletes' academic progression
- Other duties as assigned by the head Women's Swimming and Diving coach and/or Director of Athletics
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree highly preferred.
Experience: Collegiate participation experience in Women's Swimming and Diving highly desirable. Must maintain certification in first aid/CPR/AED throughout entire appointment.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Google Apps, other programs as determined by specific sport responsibilities
Certificates & Licenses: A valid US driver's license is required. Certification in first aid/CPR/AED is required by first date of appointment and must be maintained throughout appointment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to and history of strong belief in mentoring students and demonstrated experience working with young adults.
- Desire to work in a rural, small-school environment devoted to providing liberal arts education, building community, and helping students prepare for their future careers.
Apply through DePauw Human Resources https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1154451&d=ExternalCareerSite
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 23:54:57 +0000
Want to be a part of a fast growing aquatic brand? Take your career to the next level and join Elite Sportswear with Dolfin Swimwear, making high quality training and racing gear for over 40 years. If you are looking for an exciting employment opportunity with a growing, team-oriented company, you've come to the right place.
Join Dolfin and help develop and activate support with products worn by NCAA, USA, World and Olympic champions. We are currently hiring a Promotions Coordinator-Swim for our Dolfin swimwear line.
The Promotions Coordinator-Swim will organize and manage all contracts and promotional allocations for USA Swimming clubs, NCAA teams, professional athletes, and Brand Ambassadors. This position requires extensive domestic travel and a passion for swimming.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage contracts for professional athletes, club teams, and NCAA teams
- Coordinate promotional allocations for Brand Ambassadors (AEA, Swim School, and lifestyle)
- Set priorities and deadlines for brand outreach goods (including banners, stickers, event dressing, give-a-ways, and promotional items)
- Coordinate and track promotional allocations while maintaining accurate budgetary spreadsheets for all promotional spending
- Assist in news gathering, maintenance, and distribution for monthly newsletter to relevant stakeholders
- Promote sponsored athletes and teams in catalog, website, social media, and advertising
- Liaise on behalf of athletes, Brand Ambassadors, and coaches for requests (including photo shoots, speaking engagements, and clinics)
- Identify, prioritize, track, and recruit key teams across aquatics community
- Travel with sales reps and key team dealers to assist in signing new teams
- Attend events and on-site marketing initiatives to promote the brand and drive sales
- Extensive travel to high-priority regional and national events (including Grand Prix Swim Series, USA Swimming Sectionals, Junior & Senior National Championships, NCAA Championships, ASCA, TISCA, USAS, CSCAA, and other reputable aquatic events)
· Must have first-hand knowledge of the competition swimming world
· The ability and desire to travel extensively to events and key teams
· A network of swim teams/clubs; coaching experience (preferred)
· Extensive organizational and communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) via Indeed
Elite Sportswear offers a competitive benefits package for FT employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K retirement plan.
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 01:29:53 +0000
The Albion College Department of Athletics invites applications for the position of Assistant Swimming Coach. This is a full-time, 10-month administrative position with employment beginning August 1st, 2018. Albion College offers 23 intercollegiate sports as a NCAA Division III liberal arts institution and a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. This position will be responsible for supporting the Head Coach in all aspects of leading Albion College’s NCAA Division III Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving program. This position will also serve as a wellness instructor.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: a) create and implement practice plans, b) instruct up to 1 unit of wellness courses per semester, c) create recruiting plans and relationships that will lead to identifying and attracting outstanding student-athletes, d) provide guidance to student-athletes regarding their academic and overall success, e) participate in fundraising events for the program and athletic department, f)maintain working knowledge of NCAA, MIAA, and Albion College policies and procedures, g) other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics.
This position is eligible for full benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, tuition remission, and campus amenities including free on-site fitness facility, free parking, and access to campus events/performances.
FLSA Classification: Salaried / Exempt / Teacher Exemption
Duration: 10 months per year
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 to 2 years of experience coaching at the varsity high school level or higher; or 4 to 5 years of combined experience as a NCAA athlete or student manager and competitive coach
- Must have a valid, or be eligible to obtain, a Michigan driver’s license and clearing initial and periodic driving record checks
- Must have the following or be able to obtain the following certifications: Life Guard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor First Aid/CPR
Using the “Apply Now” button, interested candidates should submit an online application including letter of application, resume, and contact information for three professional references addressed to Nick Stone, Head Swimming & Diving Coach.
Please contact Mr. Matt Arend (email@example.com) Director of Athletics, for questions about the position or search.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 01:26:53 +0000
The Black Hawk Area Swim Team is looking to hire a Full Time Head Coach/Program Director. The coach would lead, design, and foster systematic growth for our swim team while in line with the BLAST Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website). BLAST trained 220 swimmers last winter and our numbers continue to rise. We currently have 1 Junior National qualifier, 4 Futures qualifiers, and 16 Sectional qualifiers at the senior level.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary, on-deck coach of senior level training groups.
· Increase the number of athletes who swim into their high school and collegiate years and increase the number of athletes who qualify for championship opportunities.
- Supervise and develop assistant coaching staﬀ including:
- coordinate stroke and training principles throughout all levels;
- oversee group placement and advancement of athletes; and
- serve as on-deck coach of lower level training groups as needed;
- Oversee all administrative aspects of team activities, including
- meet selection, planning and registration;
- coordination of home/hosted meets;
- practice scheduling for all training groups;
- maintaining team statistics; and
- team promotion locally and within Iowa LSC;
- Work cooperatively with the Board of Directors as an Ex-‐oﬃcio member to:
o develop and administer the team budget;
o create and execute a shared vision for BLAST’s growth and success;
o and communicate professionally and regularly with coaches, athletes, and parents.
· Establish a local presence and reputation within ISI, the Central Region, and USA Swimming via clinics, volunteering, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with BLAST parents, including parent education/activities with volunteer parents.
· Must be able to show unwavering support and the belief in program structure as a whole, the philosophies of BLAST, and be willing to assist in all areas whenever appropriate.
- 5+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach of a USA Swimming affiliated club;
- ASCA Level 3 certiﬁcation or above strongly preferred;
- Experience leading and mentoring assistant coaching staﬀ;
- All certiﬁcations current and in good standing with USA Swimming or required prior to starting;
- Solid knowledge of stroke theory and training physiology;
- Proven success coaching, motivating, and inspiring swimmers at all levels, from developmental through national level;
- Proven capability to develop talent at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Ideal Candidate possesses:
- Clear, cooperative, and tactful communication style;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Solid personal ethics, including honesty, respect and integrity;
- A passion for competitive swimming, along with a personal desire to succeed professionally and advance the team as a whole;
- Experience with and knowledge of HyTek programs and Team Unify.
Salary range - $45,000 – 50,000.
Will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
All applications will be held in conﬁdence. Application review will begin May, 2018.
How to apply:
Send resume with at least three references and a cover letter of interest to Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com.
Jennifer Murra at Blastswim@gmail.com
Tue, 29 May 2018 23:31:14 +0000
FLSA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Men’s & Women’s Head Swimming Coach
This full-time position will share responsibilities as an assistant coach to the swim team and as the aquatics director.
This position reports to the Swimming Head Coach and serves as an entry-level position for persons looking at careers in coaching and athletics administration. Duties will include:
ASSISTANT SWIMMING COACH
1. Assist in all areas of recruiting including but not limited to:
2. Travel to evaluate prospective student-athletes and meet with prospects when appropriate.
3. Arrange on-campus recruiting visits.
4. Write recruiting letters, contact recruits, screen incoming contact requests, write response letters, and manage database with on-line tools.
5. Facilitate on-going correspondence among team members and top priority recruits.
6. Assist with all aspects of training including on-deck skill instruction stroke analysis.
7. Assist with dry land program.
8. Assist with all aspects of meet preparation and management
9. Scout opponents and assist with scouting reports.
10. Support head coach in administrative duties including travel arrangements, fund raising, expense reporting, logistical support of camps and clinics, alumni outreach, etc.
11. Special projects and duties as assigned by the Head Swimming Coach.
Aquatics Director will have background as a lifeguard and some management experience. The ideal candidate will also be Red Cross certified at least as a Lifeguard, preferred as a Lifeguard Instructor. Duties of the job include:
1. Annual trainings
2. Recruit, hire, train, orient returning and new student lifeguard staff
3. Offer review courses to current staff
4. Regular work duties
5. Student staff oversight
6. Facility oversight including chemical & maintenance checks
7. Schedule and manage programming for the pool
8. Coordinate and communicate regularly with physical plant
9. Meet regularly with head lifeguard, address personnel/facility issues
10. Provide monthly in-service trainings for staff
11. Manage relationships with outside users (WW Swim Club, Wa-Hi Swim Teams)
12. User agreements and liability coverage
13. Negotiate schedules for usage
14. Act as Whitman College liaison for all Wa-Hi and Whitman College swim meets and meet management
15. Replace broken equipment, order new uniforms for staff
16. Field requests for pool rentals
17. Schedule special programming
18. Work in conjunction with Fitness Facilities Director to coordinate BFFC security, pool and locker room usage.
19. Maintain current certifications.
20. Manage extensive facility records.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to safely perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and the ability to identify and recruit qualified student-athletes, including the ability to communicate effectively with recruits, parents, and coaches.
2. Outstanding skill instruction and stroke analysis, ability to motivate swimmers in both training and competitive realms, experience with dry land programs for swimmers, and the capacity to teach in both the varsity and academic settings.
3. Strong administrative and computer skills, particularly with Hy-Tek software and database management.
4. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Appreciation for the role of intercollegiate athletics in a highly selective academic environment, and the desire to help student-athletes strive for balance in that rigorous setting.
6. Requires mostly standing, walking, and office work; ability to lift objects or loads weighing up to 50 pounds.
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least two years successful coaching experience at the collegiate, club, or high school level.
2. Certification in CPR/AED and either Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches (or ability to acquire certification before employment starts).
3. Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully pass background check and driving record check.
4. Ability to pass a physical.
Visit https://whitmanhr.simplehire.com to apply.
Tue, 29 May 2018 23:26:10 +0000
Wilkes University invites applicants for Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming coach, a full-time, 12-month administrative staff position in the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics.
The successful candidate is responsible for effectively directing and administering all aspects
of a successful program with particular emphasis on recruiting, monitoring academic progress, individual skill development, budget management and staff supervision. The head men’s and women’s swimming coach is expected to be actively involved in community service activities and alumni events. Additional responsibilities in the department of intercollegiate athletics will be assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred. The ideal candidate must have significant knowledge of and proven success in coaching swimming preferably at the collegiate level. Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference rules is required.
To apply, visit www.Wilkes.edu and click “Jobs at Wilkes”. Please be sure to include a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae and three references including names, titles, full mailing address, telephone numbers and email addresses. Review of applications begins immediately. Complete applications should be received no later than June 13 for full consideration.
Wilkes University is an independent, comprehensive university dedicated to academic excellence in the liberal arts, sciences, and selected professional programs. The University has approximately 2000 students at the undergraduate level and over 2,000 full time equivalent students at the graduate and first professional levels.
Its institutional focus is on developing strong mentoring relationships with each of its students and contributing vitally to economic development of Northeastern Pennsylvania. The University is located in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, a revitalized city that is located on the lovely Susquehanna River and is within two and one-half hours driving distance of New York City and Philadelphia.
Wilkes University is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The University strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Fri, 25 May 2018 23:49:48 +0000
The University of La Verne is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $3000.00. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assistance in planning and preparation for all training and competition, on deck coaching, dryland training, all areas of recruiting, fundraising, and pool operation supervision. The candidate will report directly to the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements and be accepted for a University of La Verne Graduate program. They must also have an understanding of; or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager, recruiting software such as FrontRush and social media site maintenance. They must also demonstrate a commitment to; and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, and the University of La Verne and the Athletic Department.
University of La Verne
1950 Third Street
La Verne, Ca 91750
30 miles east of Los Angeles
A Letter of Introduction, resume and 3 contacts for recommendation should be submitted electronically to Head Coach Pat Skehan firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will be accepted May 15, 2018 and close when the position is filled.
All questions should be directed to email@example.com
Fri, 25 May 2018 23:47:13 +0000
Responsibilities: The Head Swim Coach is responsible for organizing and administering all phases of the swim program, including but not limited to: scholar-athlete skill and leadership development, the recruitment of outstanding scholar-athletes, practice organization, meet day coaching, budget management, scheduling and supervision of assistant coach. Teaching in the physical education curriculum is also expected. The Head Swim Coach will administer all aspects of the swim proficiency test, a graduation requirement. An appreciation and understanding of the role athletics and physical education play in a rigorous academic setting is essential. As the aquatics director, the successful candidate will manage all aspects of the pool including (not limited to) hiring lifeguards, overseeing the facility and organizing outside groups.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED certification is required; master's degree is preferred. Demonstrated coaching, recruiting and teaching experience are required. All candidates should possess an understanding of the role physical education and athletics play in a rigorous academic setting and an ability to identify and attract outstanding students to the College.
Salary and Start Date: Faculty rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Initial appointment is for one year; after a successful review, reappointment is for three-year periods. Position is available beginning August 1, 2018.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references via Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/50809. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
College Profile: Located in metropolitan Philadelphia, Bryn Mawr College is a distinguished liberal arts college for women and has strong consortial relationships with Haverford College, Swarthmore College, and the University of Pennsylvania. Bryn Mawr has a student body of 1,300 undergraduates, as well as 350 graduate students in coeducational graduate programs in social work, humanities and science. We are a diverse and international community of faculty, students and staff who share an intense commitment to intellectual inquiry and a desire to make meaningful contributions to the world. The College supports faculty excellence in both research and teaching and is committed to social justice and inclusion in the classroom and in the community at large. Bryn Mawr College is an equal-opportunity employer; candidates from underrepresented groups and women are especially encouraged to apply.