Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:26:24 +0000
Under the general supervision of the Head Swimming Coach, the Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for assisting with all areas of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. This includes, but is not limited to: coordinating recruiting; preparing and coaching at practices and competitions; arranging team travel; creating a positive team environment, etc.
Successful swimming coaching experience, with collegiate coaching experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree. Computer skills, including a working knowledge of social media platforms, recruiting software, Hy-Tek software, etc.
This is a full-time, 9 month position. $20,000 plus BENEFITS.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should email a letter of application, résumé, and list of references to: Anne Goodman James, Head Swimming Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
Review begins immediately, and until the position is filled.
ABOUT COLORADO COLLEGE
Colorado College is a private, nationally ranked, liberal arts and sciences college in Colorado Springs. We study in a special one class at a time format, known as the Block Plan. The Colorado College Tigers compete in NCAA Division III, and the SCAC (Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference).
Thu, 27 Apr 2017 00:19:20 +0000
Open Date: April 24, 2017
Apply at: https://jobs.sewanee.edu/postings/2055
Primary Function: Assist head coach with planning, organizing, and directing one of the University-sponsored athletic programs.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Instruct student-athletes individually or in groups in techniques and fundamentals of the respective sport.
2. Organize and execute effective team practices and coaching under the direction of the head coach.
3. Assist head coach with student-athlete assessment.
4. Identify, evaluate, and encourage application and acceptance of student athletes in accordance with University, NCAA, and SAA policies and regulations.
5. Assist Aquatics Director in all pool operations (staffing, training, coordinating the cleaning of pool, and chemical balancing on the water).
6. Assist in meet administration.
7. Participate in speaking engagements for the Sewanee Club and support community initiatives.
8. Instruct students in one or more physical education courses.
9. Perform collateral departmental duties, as required, such as intramural coordination, event management or coaching a secondary sport.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or related field
Experience: 1-3 years coaching experience at high school or collegiate level or experience competing as an athlete at the collegiate level. Knowledge of NCAA rules & regulations
Job Related Skills: Knowledge of HY-Tek software, and functional knowledge of Excel, Word and Google Documents. Also, knowledge of how to use social media to promote the men and women’s swimming and diving programs.
Licenses/Certification: Valid Tennessee Driver’s license; NCAA Compliance certification
Working Environment: Work is performed in office environment with significant amount of time spent either outdoors on playing fields, in pool area, or other athletic facility as specific sport(s) requires.
Significant travel required for recruiting and competition.
University Information: The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
EEO Statement: The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.
Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:09:44 +0000
Salary: Commensurate w/ Experience
Position Status: Full-Time
Position Number: 10-352
Open Date: April 24, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting Resumes
Send Resume To: Careers@duq.edu
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for assisting all phases of the women's swimming and diving program as it relates to the mission of Duquesne University Department of Athletics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to coaching, recruiting, budgeting, team travel, and providing a positive collegiate experience for student-athletes.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
Displays an unyielding commitment to honesty and integrity, as well as to compliance with NCAA, Atlantic-10 and Duquesne University regulations;
· Demonstrates a commitment to assisting student-athletes achieve academic success by creating a positive educational environment that also promotes personal growth for student-athletes;
· Supports the head coach in the development of a sports program that challenges student-athletes to improve and succeed individually and as a team effectively within the structure of the Athletic Department;
· Provides student-athletes with appropriate on deck coaching by imparting knowledge of the sport and skill instruction
· Effectively recruit student-athletes that can be successful within the program and the university's academic standards
· Manages alumni relations and organize community service events for the program
· Assists in maintaining Tower Pool, manage and schedule lifeguards, supervise pool scheduling;
· Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials,
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
The successful candidate will have earned a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited institution, certified pool operator license, and previous experience coaching on the collegiate level is highly desirable for this position or related experience and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but are not limited to the following: A thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is required; A demonstrated expertise in coaching women's swimming; ability to lead and motivate student-athletes is a fundamental competency; strong communication and interpersonal skills are required; strong understanding of all aspects of social media is preferred; lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, and USA Swimming Certified Coach; Hy-Tek Meet and Swim Management software knowledge is required.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Please send a letter of application describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Career@duq.edu.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 23:58:22 +0000
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach, Marymount University
Reporting to the Aquatics Director/Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach will:
• Assist the Head Coach with coaching, recruiting, scouting/strategy and practice planning.
• Teach stroke technique
• Assist with organizational planning (travel, community service, study hall, etc.), and support player development and assist with roster management
• Assist with management of team budget and equipment planning
• Be responsible for team social media accounts
• Help with the planning and organization of camps and clinics, community based swim programs, and lifeguard training courses. Also includes assisting with hiring and managing pool staff.
• Follow Athletic Department Policy and Procedures.
• Provide positive leadership for student-athletes.
• Know and comply with all NCAA rules and regulations, and pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Exam annually.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Lifeguard training instructor certification
• Safety training for swim coach certification
• Current CPR/First Aid certification
• Valid drivers license
• Familiar with NCAA rules and regulations
• Bachelor’s degree
• Collegiate coaching experience in competitive swimming
• Experience teaching swim programs
• ASCA Level 3 preferred
• Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with students, coaches, staff and faculty
• Proficiency in HyTek and Dakronics timing system
For more information, contact Mike Clark: email@example.com or apply online at http://www.marymountjobs.com/postings/3767. Please include a cover letter and a list of three references with your application materials.
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 23:56:04 +0000
The Clark Swim Club, based in Arlington, VA, is seeking an assistant age group swim coach. The coach will primarily work with 9 – 13 year olds in the evening. The Clark Swim Club is a growing year round USA Swimming member club with approximately 150 swimmers, competing at all levels from novice mini to NCSA Jr. National qualifiers. Start date flexible, however, we are looking to have that coach in place by August, 2017. The Clark Swim Club trains at Marymount University in Arlington, VA.
The successful candidate will;
1) Passionate about the sport of swimming and have a desire to positively influence athletes.
2) Good moral character, integrity, accountability, and reliability.
3) Sound knowledge of competitive swimming technique.
4) Have the ability to effectively engage, communicate, and motivate athletes.
5) Have a 4 year college degree.
6) Be a member in good standing of USA swimming and be fully certified.
7) Have a significant competitive swimming background.
8) Have the ability to work well with other coaches.
Please submit a letter of application describing your coaching philosophy and long term coaching goals and a resume that outlines your competitive swimming background and coaching experience.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 23:21:02 +0000
Babson College, located in Wellesley, MA, is seeking a part time swimming assistant coach for the men’s and women’s teams 2017-2018 starting September 1.
This position assists the head coach in the development and administration of the program. Duties include but are not limited to the day-to-day organizing, preparing, conducting, and evaluating of practices and competition which includes teaching advanced level skills, and assisting with communication and recruitment of student athletes.
Bachelor's degree required with previous coaching experience on the high school, club or college level preferred. Must maintain first aid, CPR and AED certification throughout appointment. Lifeguard certification preferred.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and three references to Head Coach, Kristy Martin at email@example.com.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 23:44:00 +0000
DEPARTMENT: Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Exempt (10 Month, August - May)
The Assistant Swimming Coach assists the Head Swimming Coach manage the daily duties of a NCAA Division II swimming program. This position is responsible for adhering to NCAA, GLVC and William Jewell College policies and procedures.
Assist the head swimming coach with:
· Planning, organizing, and directing all activities involved with a Division II swimming program.
· Recruiting, in accordance with college policies and procedures, swimmers who can successfully compete at the Division II level. Planning and conducting on–campus recruiting events for official and unofficial visits. Planning and executing off-campus evaluations of and visits with potential student athletes. Developing a familiarity with and operating recruiting and compliance software.
· Assisting with all home meets and coordinating with departmental operations staff in the conduct of home meets.
· Assisting with all planning of team travel to away meets. Completing travel rosters online of those traveling in compliance with William Jewell College policies.
· Encouraging and actively monitoring the academic progress of team members.
· Assist in the development and implementation of seasonal, cyclical, and weekly plans for conditioning, skill development, and competitive preparedness of team members.
· Conducting dryland and aquatic practice activities for specific training groups on a daily basis.
· Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA rules.
· Assisting with the monitoring and posting on the team website and social media.
· Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, GLVC, and college rules and regulations.
· Participating in departmental activities to include potential service on committees and attendance at all athletic department meetings.
· Working with sports information on developing the team media guide.
· Planning and supervising the swimming lesson program.
· Assist in all fundraising opportunities.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment, travel required. Evening and weekend work required. Physically able to lift
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, age group level and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
- Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary requirements
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill, Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: William Jewell College promises students an outstanding liberal arts education that cultivates leadership, service, and spiritual growth within a community inspired by Christian ideals and committed to open, rigorous intellectual pursuits.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer.
Thu, 20 Apr 2017 23:40:53 +0000
Northport Point Club Recreation Program (Northport Point, Michigan)
The Northport Point Club Recreation Program (Northport Point, Michigan) is hiring a swimming instructor and lifeguard for Summer 2017. The Swimming Instructor must have the American Red Cross Water certification as a Lifeguard and be First Aid/CPR certified. A WSI certificate is preferable but not mandatory. This is a paid position with a regular salary supplemental income through privates lessons and clinics also available.
The Swimming Instructor has several broad areas of responsibility:
● Teach swimming to children ages 5 – 14, guided by the Red Cross and NPP Club swimming curricula, including creating and using daily lesson plans and managing Counselor in Training (CIT) helpers. Positive youth development is your number one responsibility and the core of your job.
● Children attend Beach Class from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Your schedule will generally run from 8:30m – 12:30pm to allow for basic preparation and clean-up. Wednesday field trips away from the Point often last until mid-afternoon.
● Prepare lessons. Spend significant, sufficient time each week preparing detailed daily lesson plans and reviewing the previous week’s activities. Plan how many CITs you will need and how you will use them.
● Provide feedback on the swimming curriculum, and the Recreation Program in general, to continually improve the Recreation Program, keeping its programs fresh and effective.
● Help with, supervise and participate in Wednesday field trips, scheduled park activities, rainy day activities, and other beach class functions as requested.
● Manage CITs who are provided to you to assist in running a smooth and efficient program. Spend adequate time preparing CITs before each week begins.
● On a daily basis, discard trash on Sandy Beach, clean up and properly store equipment and supplies, and take abandoned equipment to the lost and found.
● Report broken, damaged or missing equipment or supplies, and damage to buoys, rafts or other beach infrastructure to the Director.
Life Guarding & Safety
● Guard at Beach from 2 – 5 p.m. each Monday, through Friday, and 1 – 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
● Learn how to operate the Yacht Club power boats, in case of emergency.
Tournaments & Events
● Develop and organize a Junior LifeGuard Program for young teens.
● Organize and conduct Recreation Program swimming events and tournaments.
● Participate in and help supervise afternoon and evening Recreation Program activities that require staff.
Private Lessons & Certifications
● Offer Red Cross swimming instruction and certification, and private swimming lessons. Billing is handled through the club. Scheduling of private lessons and certifications may not interfere with other job responsibilities.
● Offer Junior LifeGuard training program for young teens
● Providing private lessons is left to the discretion of each staff member, but is generally expected by the community. Private lessons are a great way to make extra money, give focused instruction, and build relationships with the children and their parents.
● This is a full time job. Although you are allowed to take outside work such as babysitting or tutoring, such work must not interfere in any way with your job responsibilities or scheduled time off. The Director may limit or cancel excessive or intrusive work. Arrangements are entirely private and are not endorsed by, or a responsibility of, the NPP Club. You may not take work outside the NPP community.
● Participate in pre-program setup and post-program clean up activities. You must stay until clean up in your and common areas is complete.
● Attend the Navy Ball dinner, awards ceremony, and party (held at the end of each 4-week session), and present awards in your area.
● Participate in special occasions such as the 4th of July Celebration, Polar Bear Swims, and others.
● Abide by staff, Cottage Owner’s Association, Club, Yacht Club and other published NPP safety and conduct rules. Keep personal and common living quarters clean.
● Participate in a mid-season performance review with the Director.
● Schedule time off. It is easy to overbook your schedule, but important to keep a healthy work/leisure balance.
● Strive to be a positive role model for the children and teens.
● Bring a healthy attitude, a smile, enthusiasm and encouragement to your job and your interactions with the children, other staff, and the NPP community.
● Everyone is expected to do what is needed to ensure that the children have a fun, safe, and fulfilling experience.
Start Date: June 21st, 2017
End Date: August 20th, 2017
The recreation program is a day camp; however, lodging is included for staff and instructors.
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 00:29:30 +0000
Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach. Hanover College, a selective Division III liberal arts college in southern Indiana, invites applicants for a full-time position as Head Men’s & Women’s Swimming Coach. The successful candidate will establish a new program at Hanover with the expectation of initiating varsity competition in the 2018-19 season. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: all aspects of planning, managing, and maintaining a successful swimming program with primary emphasis on recruiting quality student-athletes during the 2017-18 school year. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. Previous collegiate swimming and or coaching experience is highly desirable. Candidates must have a strong commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy and be enthusiastic and successful recruiters. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Interested applicants should send a letter of application, resume, and three recommendation contacts including phone numbers electronically to email@example.com.
Hanover College is committed to providing equal access to its educational programs, activities, and facilities to all otherwise qualified students without discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. An Equal Opportunity employer, the College also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.) Hanover College prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 14:33:17 +0000
UC San Diego Head Coach-Swimming and Diving. Closing date April 24, 2017.
Description: The University of California, San Diego is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head Coach for the Men's and Women’s Swimming and Diving program. UC San Diego is an NCAA Division II institution, located in La Jolla, in the San Diego metropolitan area, enrolls over 35,000 students and is one of the University of California’s 10 campuses. UC San Diego sponsors 23 varsity sports. The Head Coach has responsibility for the overall operation of the Swimming and Diving program in accordance with University, conference and NCAA regulations.
The position is a 100% time, 12-month contract position with full benefits. The Head Coach must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive NCAA program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes and also strives for athletic excellence within the University’s mission.
Regular duties include coaching effectively in practices and successfully in meets and competition, developing student-athletes athletically and academically, organizing and implementing a recruiting plan, effectively utilize scholarship funds to attract and retain top scholar-athletes, preparing and monitoring annual operational, recruiting, and scholarship budgets, participating in promotional and fundraising activities, and developing community and alumni support.
The incumbent must follow the athletic philosophy consistent with that of the UC San Diego Athletic Department and a commitment to diversity in all of its forms. Must have highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with student-athletes, parents of student-athletes, staff and alumni.
Administrative responsibilities include competitive scheduling, budget development and implementation, inventory of equipment and supplies, coordination of team, professional and recruit travel, and all compliance rules requirements. Coordinate contest/event, meet management, recruitment of student-athletes, and knowledge of and compliance with all NCAA, conference and UC San Diego rules and regulations.
Preferred successful collegiate head coaching experience at a high ranking academic institution, working knowledge of NCAA regulations, and a Bachelor’s degree. A complete application will include an online resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
Qualifications: Highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants, staff and parents of student athletes. Ability to interact effectively with others in pursuing departmental objectives, including various student groups and campus organizations. Good interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, flexibility and ability to communicate ideas effectively. Ability to foster an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion. Recognized expertise in team sport and coaching principles for student athletes. Successful collegiate coaching, teaching, and/or competing experience in specified sport. Proven ability and experience to conduct camps and/or clinics in specified sport. Strong demonstrated knowledge of sound principles and rules governing specified sport. Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Skill to arrange home contests, ensuring availability of facilities and coordination of venue set-up, officials and game management. Skill to arrange away contests, ensuring coordination of travel rosters, travel advance requests, transportation, food, lodging, equipment, expense and trip reports. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To Apply: https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/ Click on Student Affairs & Services. Job #87480.
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 23:03:24 +0000
OPENING DATE: March 2017
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 10 months
START DATE: July 1, 2017
Standard contract date of August 15th-June 15th
ABOUT GEORGE FOX UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS:
Our Vision: To be the team to beat in NCAA Division III sports with the most formative athletic experience in the country.
Our Mission: To provide a competitive experience that breeds athletic excellence, academic success and Christ-like character.
Our Values: Christ-centered community, high respect for the sport, relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity in all things, self-discipline for success, total commitment to team.
As Oregon's premier Christian university, George Fox offers a wide variety of opportunities to serve in a Christian community that delivers the promise that each student will Be Known - personally, academically and spiritually. In athletics, our mission to take the student athlete and foster them in a competitive environment so that when they leave campus and head into the world, they are high achievers who expect excellence in all they do. Our hope is that through athletics, young men and women learn essential life skills that prepare them to be Christ followers and world changers.
George Fox University is seeking a proven winner who is prepared and excited to launch men’s and women’s intercollegiate swimming. In addition to a sustained and consistent level of coaching success, the ideal candidate for head coach will be a person of integrity, a spiritual leader and a source of inspiration to student-athletes, fans and alumni.
· Launch what will become a nationally prominent men’s and women’s swimming program that will contend for conference, regional, and national honors.
· Recruit talented, high caliber student athletes who perform in the pool and in the classroom as well as contribute to the mission of the university
· Manage a roster of at least 50 student athletes
· Lead fundraising efforts in support of Bruin Athletics
· Adhere to the stated philosophy and established guidelines set forth by George Fox University, NCAA Division III, and the Northwest Conference
· Oversee and manage assistant coaches
· Manage practice schedules and program budgets
· Schedule travel arrangements for team
· Oversee home meet management
· Work closely with CPRD for facility scheduling and maintenance
· Collaborate with university Admissions, Sports Marketing, Student Life, Academics and Alumni & Parent relations to ensure that student athletes are fully integrated into campus culture
· Administrative and/or teaching responsibilities
· Master's Degree preferred, coupled with extensive experience managing/directing swim meets
· Successful coaching and recruiting experience required, preferably at the collegiate level
· Extensive knowledge of swimming required, including strong familiarity with NCAA rules and guidelines
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described on our website.
· Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns, and connects culturally.
· Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
· Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
· Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
BENEFITS: Vacation and sick leave; holidays; medical, dental, life, disability insurance; retirement plan; and tuition remission.
TO APPLY: Apply only through the following link https://georgefoxstaff.applicantpool.com/jobs/141780.htm
Thu, 13 Apr 2017 23:01:32 +0000
Assistant Men's & Women's Swimming Coach
Roanoke College seeks an Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach. The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching selected events for men’s and women’s swimming. Tasks include but are not limited to practice design and implementation, competition planning, meet management, and other aspects of daily operations as determined by the Head Coach of Men’s and Women’s Swimming. Evening and weekend hours are required.
The position requires a bachelor’s degree, as well as successful swimming experience, preferably both competing and coaching at the college level. Health Benefits are included, along with a part-time salary.
Roanoke College competes at the Division III level and is a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference. Located in southwest Virginia, the College is four hours south of Washington, DC and two hours north of Greensboro, NC.
Please send a letter of application, resume, and three references including contact information by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Roanoke College supports diversity and affirmative action as an equal opportunity employer.
April 11, 2017
May 11, 2017
Wed, 12 Apr 2017 23:30:12 +0000
Western State Colorado University is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Head Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with a salary of $36,000.
DUTIES: Responsibilities include providing leadership, planning, organizing, and administering all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program with emphasis on skill development, training and conditioning, and the maintenance of a strong academic environment. Duties include scheduling, budget management, fundraising, and recruiting highly qualified student-athletes within University and NCAA guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Three years collegiate Swimming & Diving coaching experience preferred. Knowledge of NCAA Division II Swimming & Diving practices and regulations, must become NCAA II recruiting certified, ability to establish good rapport and relationships with players, administrators, staff, alumni and the general public. Must have proven administrative, organizational and recruiting skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must apply online at www.western.edu/jobs. Required attachments for online application include letter of application addressed to Garrett Finke, Assistant Athletic Director, along with a current resume and contact information for three professional references, as well as answering any required supplemental questions. Any questions relative to the position can be addressed to Garrett Finke at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted beginning immediately. Application review will begin May 1, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. The expected start date for this position is mid-June to early July 2017.
Western State Colorado University is a public university with an enrollment of 2,700 students who come from across Colorado and all fifty states. Western is a member of the NCAA Division II, competing in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC); some 370 student athletes participate in our 13 sponsored sports teams. Our faculty and staff share a strong commitment to personalized education with the sciences, liberal arts and professional programs as its core. We are student-oriented, collegial, energetic, and engaged in the campus and community. Our campus is located in Gunnison, Colorado, a rural mountain community 200 miles southwest of Denver. Make this opportunity yours by applying today! Visit www.western.edu to learn more about Western.
Western State Colorado University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Gender/Race/Disabled/Veteran
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 23:14:33 +0000
Hiram College is seeking applications for the position of Head Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Coach. Hiram College is a private liberal arts institution located in northeast Ohio. The College is a member of the North Coast Athletic Conference and NCAA Division Ill.
The Head Swimming and Diving Coach position is a full time, 10 month staff position which reports to the Director of Athletics. The head coach is responsible for all aspects of the men's & women's swimming and Diving program to include; organizing and implementing a successful recruiting and retention plan for the program, supervising assistant coaches, managing the program in accordance with department/college policies and procedures, and acting in accord with NCAC, NCAA and institutional rules and regulations. Additional duties will include administrative responsibility and teaching in our Exercise/Sport Science program. A Master's Degree is preferred while a Bachelor's Degree is required.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a letter of application, resume and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references to Human Resources, Hiram College, PO Box 67, Hiram OH 44234 or by email to HR@hiram.edu.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hiram College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Excellence through Diversity.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:59:13 +0000
Anticipated Start Date: 10/02/2017
Salary: $12.00 per hour for up to 350 hours or work
California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is seeking applications for a part-time assistant coach of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving programs. Caltech is an NCAA Division III institution and member of the Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) located in Pasadena, California.
The Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving, is responsible for assisting in the: coaching and teaching of students, meet and practice preparation and execution, and compliance with NCAA and conference rules/regulations.
· Associate of Arts (AA) degree.
· Must secure and maintain a valid driver license during employment.
· Must be knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of the sport.
· Knowledge of NCAA and SCIAC rules and regulations.
· Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain accurate attendance and other informational record keeping.
· Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of relevant experience.
· CPR, AED, First Aid certifications.
· Collegiate swimming experience.
· Organized coaching experience.
· Teaching through digital images; creating and using emerging technologies.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Please submit an online application for posting number 16661SP through Caltech Human Resources at https://jobs.caltech.edu/postings/6134.
Caltech is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:56:33 +0000
The University of La Verne is looking for qualified candidates for the position of Graduate Assistant for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving. This position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $3000.00. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to assistance in planning and preparation for all training and competition, on deck coaching, dryland training, all areas of recruiting, fundraising, and pool operation supervision. The candidate will report directly to the Head Coach of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements and be accepted for a University of La Verne Graduate program. They must also have an understanding of; or willingness to learn Hy-Tek Team and Meet Manager, recruiting software such as FrontRush and social media site maintenance. They must also demonstrate a commitment to; and responsibility for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines set out by the NCAA, SCIAC Conference, and the University of La Verne and the Athletic Department.
University of La Verne
1950 Third Street
La Verne, Ca91750
30 miles east of Los Angeles
A Letter of Introduction, resume and 3 contacts for recommendation should be submitted electronically to Head Coach Pat Skehanpskehan@laverne.edu
Application will be accepted April 15, 2017 and close when the position is filled.
All questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat, 08 Apr 2017 00:49:06 +0000
HEAD COACH - MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SWIMMING AND DIVING
Vacancy #: 983001
Salary Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Athletics Director and/or Sport Administrator designee, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Oversight and administration of all aspects of the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program with a priority on the development and well-being of the student-athlete, academic success and competitive excellence grounded on the athletics department creed (mission) and code (core values).
- Hiring, instructing, supervising and monitoring coaching staff and Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving designated administrative staff with the goal of assuring attendance at regularly scheduled compliance coaches meetings and full compliance with NCAA, University and conference policies, regulations and guidelines.
- Planning, organization and execution for coaching duties for all practice sessions and competitions to include evaluation of opponents and the development of a successful game plan.
- Planning, organization and execution of recruiting activities and responsibilities to comply with the university's policies on the recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes, including the evaluation, contact, and establishing relationships with prospective student-athletes and coaches.
- Development and communication of team rules, policies and guidelines in compliance with UNC System, University, athletics department NCAA and conference by-laws, policies, guidelines, procedures and regulations.
- Overall management, supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes participating on the Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program.
- Foster academic values and maintain program integrity by supporting, abiding and enforcing all academic guidelines and policies of the university and athletics department with oversight and development of Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving program academic expectations that contribute to the academic achievement and progress toward a degree of the student-athletes.
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of three years collegiate swimming and diving coaching experience also required.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
NCAA DI men's and women's swimming and diving collegiate coaching experience preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university's diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
Additional Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete a candidate profile or staff application (see "Application Types Accepted" below) online via the PeopleAdmin system. In addition, applicants must submit the documents requested in order to be considered for the position.
Application Types Accepted:
Candidate Profile (EHRA only)
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 983001 to ECU Human Resources at www.jobs.ecu.edu.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=85609
Fri, 07 Apr 2017 00:50:42 +0000
Maryville University is seeking applications for a Men and Women’s Team Assistant Swim Coach. Maryville University is a Division II University located in St. Louis, MO that competes in the GLVC Conference.
Description of Job Duties: This position is part-time. May include but not limited to practice organization, meet management, athlete development
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree, some coaching experience and a former college swimmer is preferred. A willingness to learn and be a positive attribute to the program. Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Wed, 05 Apr 2017 23:56:21 +0000
Manhattan College, an NCAA Division I institution and member of the Metro-Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC), is seeking applications for a vacant part-time position of Head Swimming and Diving Coach.
The successful candidate is responsible for all aspects in leading a competitive NCAA Division I Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving program to include, but not limited to: recruitment of qualified student-athletes, hiring and supervision of assistant coaches, scheduling, coaching of meets and practices, successful management of program budgets, fundraising, meet NCAA APR requirements while supporting student-athlete academic success, and develop championship teams while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Must be committed to and manage the program within the guidelines of the NCAA, MAAC and Manhattan College Department of Intercollegiate Athletic policy and procedures and will be expected to work cooperatively with all constituencies and campus units.
Description of Job Duties:
May include but not limited to: Manage and direct the program to include recruitment of qualified student-athletes. Hiring, supervision, and evaluation of assistant coaches. Meet and practice scheduling, direction of all practices, teaching and demonstrating coaching skills. Successful management of program budgets and fundraising. Supporting student-athlete academic success. Develop championship teams, while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Work cooperatively with athletic personnel, attend department meetings and activities. Builds and sustains positive relationships with student-athletes, former players, faculty, alumni, and staff. Represents the College positively when interacting with community, alumni, high school, club coaches, and media.
Must demonstrate the ability to recruit, coach and improve (teach) talented student-athletes. Demonstrate the ability to market and promote Manhattan College Swimming and Diving program. Must exhibit leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student athletes and staff. Must be a team player and have ability to support and assist other employees. Develop a positive atmosphere for the program both internally and externally within the athletic department and College.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, three years of swimming and diving college coaching experience. Coaching experience at the Division I level and former swimmer at the college level is preferred. Ability to work evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic Coeducational Institution in the Lasallian tradition located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V
Wed, 05 Apr 2017 23:52:06 +0000
The Piranhas Swim Club is a USA Level 3 swim team and has an immediate opening for a strong, energetic, and dynamic leader as Assistant Head Coach for our growing USA swim team. Located in Eastern Iowa along the beautiful Mississippi River in Bettendorf, Iowa our membership of 240 year-round athletes spans all competitive levels from novice to Junior National qualifiers. Having gone from a mainly age group team to having recently produced 12 Division 1 swimmers, 4 junior national swimmers and 1 high school girl’s championship title, we are dedicated to teaching and developing swimmers of all ages, skills, and competition levels. The Piranhas were formed in 2010 through the merger of two long-standing USA swim teams, the Bettendorf Swim Club and the Pleasant Valley Stingrays. We are the largest USA swim team in the Quad Cities area. The mission of the Piranhas is to promote swimming as a lifelong sport and competitive swimming as an aspect of that sport. We strive to empower every swimmer, regardless of age or ability, to reach his or her highest personal potential, both as an athlete and as a person. Most recently PSC finished 4th (Senior) and 6th (Age Group) at the Iowa Swimming Championships, the selected candidate will work closely with our current Head Coach to continue our recent progress.
1. Help oversee a growing program with 240+ swimmers from the novice-national level.
3. Strong organizational skills. Manage assistant coaches, LSC meetings, and perform other administrative functions. TeamUnify experience is required.
4. Lead, inspire and mentor coaches & athletes and seek and embrace new/state of the art coaching techniques.
5. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, the board of directors, High School coaches, and USA swimming communities.
6. Embrace the concept of a community dedicated to excellence at ALL levels; a strong balance between technique and distance.
1. Current USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing, with current
Certification and clear background check.
2. ASCA Certified level 2 minimum.
3. A minimum of 3 yrs. of coaching experience with prior Head Age Group experience.
4. Solid competitive swimming background with focus on technical expertise and experience coaching swimmers of different ages.
5. Strong passion for swimming that allows for strong communication and positive motivation.
6. TeamUnify and Meet Manager experience preferred.
7. CPR, First Aid and Coaches Safety training.
$25,000-30,000 Yearly Salary
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Insurance Stipend
- Relocation Assistance- Determined on distance of move.
Applicants that wish to be a part of a successful, growing team should send a brief e-mail detailing your interest in the position, a resume, and 3 references to Head Coach Joe Hroma at email@example.com . All submissions are in strict confidence until a final contract and candidate’s release from previous obligations are complete. The search will continue until the right candidate for the position is found. We will be taking applications through May, but the earlier the start date the better. Our program is willing to wait until August if necessary.