Eastern Michigan Men Squeak Past Missouri State to Win MAC CrownMarch 9th, 2013
The Eastern Michigan University men's swimming and diving team won its 31st Mid-American Conference Championship Saturday, March 9, at Southern Illinois University. EMU won with 772 points, while Missouri State finished just six points behind the Eagles.
Eastern was close to sweeping the final awards as Jacob Hanson earned both the Outstanding Senior and Swimmer awards, while Jeffrey Craig took Outstanding Diver and Buck Smith earned the Diving Coach of the Year award. Jeffrey Craig, Mike Fisher, Krzystof Gilski, Andrew Henry, Jacob Hanson, Brian Moore and Mike Swain each earned first team All-MAC accolades, while Erik Gissen and Andrew Saunders earned second team honors.
In the final day of competition the Eagles used a first place finish by Hanson in the 200-backstroke in 1:42.07. The time was a new pool and championship record. Fisher also took home a pool and championship record in the 200-breaststroke, completing the distance in 1:58.82, while Gilski's 1:47.60 earned a first in the 200-butterfly.
Craig swept the diving events by scoring a 406.10 in the three-meter dive, giving him first in both the one and three-meter dives at the 2013 MAC Championships. His prelim dive of 416.60 was good for a new pool record. Saunders took third in the three-meter dive with a 378.95.
- Missouri State Men Win First MAC Title
- Missouri State Men in Control at MAC Meet
- Missouri State Leads Eastern Michigan to Begin Men's MAC Meet
- Akron Wins First Ever MAC Team Crown
- Akron Women Remain On Top at MAC Meet
- MAC Preview
- Akron Opens With MAC Lead
- Missouri Valley Announces Scholar-Athletes
- Missouri State Women Win Seventh Straight MVC Title
- Missouri State in Control at MVC's