Holman Named Head of SUNY OswegoOswego, NY , August 15th, 2007
Oswego State alum Michael Holman has been named as the new head coach for men's and women's swimming and diving at Oswego State. Holman is a 1996 graduate of Oswego State and was a four-year member of the Laker men's swim team. He held the Oswego State record in the 400 yard individual medley during his years as a Laker.
Holman joins the Oswego State coaching staff after most recently serving as head coach of the Clinton Swim Club and an assistant coach at Hamilton College. He has 12 total years of coaching experience in which he has trained age group, high school, and collegiate swimmers. More than 90 percent of his club swimmers went on to collegiate swimming careers and had success at the college level, earning all-conference, All-American, individual national championships, and NCAA records.
His age group coaching experience provides him with strong ties in recruiting potential athletes from clubs and high schools across New York state. At Hamilton College, Holman primarily worked with distance and individual medley swimmers.
Holman earned a bachelor's degree in graphic design from Oswego State in 1996 and a master's degree in sport management from Western Illinois University in 1999. He will begin his tenure as Oswego State swimming and diving coach on Sept. 1.
- Emory, Kenyon Return to Top of Endless Pools III Rankings
- Division III Fall Power Rankings
- CSCAA Recognizes Academic Teams
- CSCAA All-Academic Teams Named
- Oswego State Takes Third, Fourth at Geneseo Invite
- Oswego State Swept By Geneseo
- Oswego State Swept By Cortland
- SUNY-Oswego Splits with SUNY-Brockport
- SUNY-New Paltz Sweeps SUNY-Oswego
- Oswego State Wins, Ties Against Clarkson